View Single Post
Old March 9, 2005, 08:38 PM   #15
JohnKSa
Staff

It's estimated that there are a million feral cats in Wisconsin.

7.8 million songbirds killed a year only requires that each cat kill 8 songbirds in an ENTIRE YEAR.

Are you guys actually saying that you think a feral cat living off what it can find or kill wouldn't kill 8 songbirds in a 365 day period?

I know well fed house cats that do that--and they're just killing for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Annie
don't think pet cats should necessarily be kept indoors all the time as this is not their nature
My cat is afraid of the outdoors because she's never been outside. You know, to keep her
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa
from getting run over, catching diseases, irritating the neighbors, killing birds, lizards or other wildlife, getting chewed on by other cats, chewing on other cats, or getting eaten by feral dogs or coyotes. I guess that seems pretty unreasonable to some...
Anyway, as far as I can tell, nearly ALL pets are disinclined to have their movement restricted. If you take the approach that restricting the movement of a pet should be avoided because it is "against their nature" then you pretty much have to say that HAVING pets should be avoided because it is not the nature of animals to be pets and/or have their movement restricted.

Last edited by JohnKSa; March 9, 2005 at 11:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.03896 seconds with 8 queries