View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 11:03 AM   #19
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
Do you have any reasoning behind this? Last I checked, a forumite here carries a Single Action revolver in .44 Mag.
Yeah, I would not carry that either. It is incredibly slow to bring into play and has even lower capacity. It is also huge and heavy, dangerously over penetrative, slower to reload and whole bunch of other stuff that gets discussed ad naseum. I guess I would carry the .357 over the hunk.

Quote:
Taurus is not a bad company, just not an American company which leads to opinions. Who made riflings, modern bullets, and put them in single shells? Germans, French, and Irish.
I am pretty sure Taurus is in Brazil not Germany, Ireland or France. What people did 500 years ago is hardly representative of today since the US and Brazil (and Germany and Ireland) did not even exist when rifling was invented. That said I don't recall saying anything bad about Taurus but you seem to have taken a highly defensive posture over my non-statement. This seems to be a common trend among Taurus owners.

If you really think that a slower, heavier, lower capacity, revolver is better than an unnamed semi-auto pistol because you perceive it to be more reliable who I am to get in the way of your happiness?

Since the OP is young and new to fire arms I thought he might appreciate a different perspective and the pros and cons of carrying since that is what he asked for instead of a history lesson.

Page generated in 0.03231 seconds with 8 queries