View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 01:13 PM   #97
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochman
Now I'll wait for a moderator to immoderately bash me again.
I understand that some of my views, as a gun owner, are not going to be popular here.
I don't think I deserve to be personally attacked, by a moderator no less, for holding them.
I am not a moderator or staff here, but I have criticized your writing, so my comment here may be appropriate.

It is not a lack of popularity in your conclusions by which you have garnered scrutiny you may not appreciate.

Instead, your writing has at times displayed an evasive and lead footed belligerence a reader may force himself to tolerate, but will rarely enjoy. A person who argues a point with you is not your enemy; very much the opposite. Partners in argument permits you to refine and develop your position. However, to do that you need to be willing to read an opponent's argument for what it is rather than for your immediate convenience.

Internet forum discussion is a very specific genre that can encourage an unduly rapid response. It helps to remember that at the end of it, each of us will log off and return to matters that affect us more directly.

My two cents.

Page generated in 0.05590 seconds with 8 queries