View Single Post
Old November 26, 2010, 10:44 AM   #23
NickW

Quote:
I've noticed a trend the last few years of a very cavalier attitude regarding safety. It runs hand-in-hand with a reluctance among new shooters to seek out adequate instruction.
+1 Complacency kills every time, approximately 1200 times in the USA every year.

I'm lucky, I have an outdoor range on my property, my adult Son’s friend’s all want to come over and shoot. My Son will bring his pals over to shoot; however, he tells them under no uncertain terms that his Dad will be there and that they must recite the four basic laws of weapons safety off by wrote and that any transgression means they leave and never come back; needless, out of a dozen people that have asked him only two come regularly.

Most gun owners do not truly “Get It” and I mean TRULY until they look into the eyes of a dying comrade. That may seem a bit melodramatic but I believe it to be true.

Page generated in 0.03783 seconds with 8 queries