View Single Post
Old April 8, 2018, 04:16 PM   #25
rock185

44 AMP, I've found accurate 9MM pistols to be very forgiving as to the type of ammo used, with JHP ammo generally displaying the best accuracy. A factory load that has performed very well in my SIG, and other 9MMs, has been the Federal "9BP" 115 JHP. I've also found that 147 grain JHP ammo also tends to shoot very well in any of my 9MMs. My best accuracy results with reloads used the old Sierra 115 JHC. I am not good enough to determine what pistol or load is most accurate shooting freehand, so I do shoot from the bench over some sort of rest to remove as much human error as possible. I do this because I am interested in what the gun and ammo is capable of, regardless of how steady or shaky the shooter might be on that particular day. I suspect a competently utilized Ransom rest would sort out some of these questions relatively quickly. The three factors cited by 74A95 are consistent with my experience.........

But, different guns will undoubtedly perform best with whatever ammo that particular gun likes best. It would be fortunate if both guns performed best with the same ammo, but that might not be the case. I'd be surprised to learn that the 210 with it's best ammo, would outperform your Contender with it's best performing ammo. Within my humble experience, 210s are certainly accurate pistols, whether of Swiss, German or US manufacture. But the Contender with it's fixed barrel is reportedly capable of rifle like accuracy. Can a semi-auto pistol compete with that level of accuracy? Especially if your Contender is scoped, and the 210 utilizes iron sights. Hope you'll share some of your results with us.

Page generated in 0.02521 seconds with 8 queries