View Single Post
Old December 19, 2017, 09:38 PM   #8
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenMauser
For first round pop with a pistol, what's better than the Sparrow?
Pretty much every .22 can on the market. A monocore design tends to produce a louder first-round pop, and the Sparrow’s is very loud and noticeable. I’ve sold scores (if not hundreds) of Sparrows and shot a bunch of them with other cans like the Spectre II, the Mask, the Ryder .22, or the Element 2 and they all have much, much less FRP than the Sparrow.

Lots of people don’t mind FRP since it only affects the first round. But me, I don’t like it. And if I have to use my .22 pistol to dispatch a critter I don’t want to have to use something like nasal spray to make my can quiet.

So that’s why the Sparrow was off my list when I was shopping for a .22 can. Working at a high-volume NFA dealer, I had the ability to easily order almost every .22 can on the market at dealer cost (or sometimes cheaper if the company had an employee program), and I picked the Dead Air Mask. It’s noticeably quieter on a pistol than a Sparrow and has almost zero FRP. And because of its baffle design it’s still pretty easy to take apart. The only nod to the Sparrow I’d give over the Mask is that the Sparrow doesn’t require a tool to disassemble.

Last edited by Theohazard; December 19, 2017 at 10:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.03048 seconds with 8 queries