View Single Post
Old June 19, 2012, 12:17 AM   #6
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
The Stoeger Luger is a good pistol, having said that, but it's not a Luger. Just not the same, you will be disappointed in function, finish, and distinct lack of iconic status and history.
I would say it depends on which Stoeger Luger you are talking about.

I have a couple of the Stoeger .22 Lugers, and while they are Lugers (Stoeger owns the US rights to the name Luger, and has for generations) they are not true P.08 Parabellum pistols. The generally look like the Luger, and do have a toggle action, but are straight blowback in operation.

There is another Stoeger Luger out there, I bought one last fall at a gun show. Brand new, in the box with a spare mag. Made in the USA, marked Stoeger, and Luger, and its a lovely 9mm P.08 in stainless steel!

The wood is flawlessly checkered, seeming to grip your hand all on its own. The gun is a perfect, classic Luger with 4" barrel. They aren't ALL trash...

You'd like to pay $300 for a shooting Luger, and I'd like to pay $0.60 for a gallon of premium gasoline, again. You might find your goal before I find mine, but I doubt you'll beat me by much....

Page generated in 0.02316 seconds with 8 queries