View Single Post
Old November 22, 2019, 03:34 PM   #9
5whiskey

Quote:
I really doubt illegal voting by undocumented people swung the vote..Transplants? Citizens, correct?
I agree with the sentiment that illegals likely didn’t swing the vote. I will say the 1900 illegal voters in the past decade is only the ones identified. I’m not saying that illegal votes sway and swing elections on a routine basis, but illegal voting does happen. Any reported numbers are of identified cases only.

And to the transplant issue. I live near the triangle of NC (Raleigh Durham area). I grew up here in a rural county near the area. There are a large number of the “transplants” described here as well. While not bad people for the most part, and no one can really blame a person for moving for a better opportunity/job/life, I have had numerous conversations that go about like this...

Transplant: yeah I love it here, the cost of living is so much less than where I came from and the tax rate is less than half.
Me: I’m glad you like it here. I was born and raised here it’s home to me and I love it.
Transplant: I only wish the school would provide transportation for my son though. He has to go to an out of district school because lacrosse isn’t offered in district. It puts a real hassle on me to drop him off and pick him up.
Me: well I understand the hassle but that’s just how it is. You once couldn’t move your child just over a sport but that’s a recent...
Transplant: yeah I know can you believe that? And also the state took entirely too long to clear the roads after that snow storm last week. My neighborhood street wasn’t plowed for like 4 days.
Me: I mean it only snowed 4 inches and I recall it all melting in 2 days, like every other snow in this area the past 10 years.
Transplant: yeah but they should really invest more in the DOT to clear that up. And one more thing, why do I have to pay more to recycle that’s crazy?
Me: because the sorting involved in recycling basically means you have to pay someone to take the stuff because of the labor involved in processing. It’s great for the environment but it’s not free...
Transplant: but that was free where I’m from, it was covered by the town...
Me: the town you told me you didn’t like because of the tax rate and high cost of living? I wonder why...
Transplant: ... ... ok but do all of you shoot guns in random fields. I heard gun shots the other day and I was petrified. The police said it was common and legal if the bullets don’t cross property lines, but I don’t like it. That shouldn’t be legal
Me: I bet it was illegal where you came from wasn’t it. Have a good day sir/ma’am I must go.

And no, I’m not exaggerating. West Texas is full of transplants from California seeking lower cost of living (ie a place they can afford to live), only for them to be shocked at how things are done in Texas. Conforming to local customs is expected of us in other cultures, yet it’s considered in poor taste if we expect others to conform to our way of life?

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries