Thread: Marlin 1892
View Single Post
Old January 23, 2020, 06:59 PM   #1
johnm1

Marlin 1892

I just couldn't resist. Originally intended to fire either the 32 rimfire (short or long) or the 32 Colt short or long this one comes with both firing pins as it was originally sold. A little beat up and someone has scrubbed the receiver trying to clean it up. So, not too much collector value. The wood is in nice shape though and the barrel is described as so-so with decent rifling. A lot of these old BP rifles have sewer pipes for barrels, so we will see. On gunbroker I pretty much buy from my local dealer though I have made a few purchases to people I didn't know. I was able to inspect the gun at his shop before I put in a bid. unfortunately I didn't bring my bore light and theirs was missing, so I didn't get to look at the bore. But his descriptions have always been generous from a buyers point of view and condition is always better than described.

I'll have to slug the bore and determine its condition. I reload but loading for the 32 Colt, long or short, is an expensive proposition. Depending on the bore and chamber size, it could be very simple or very complex. Although I'd rather leave it as chambered, if this one is going to be problematic I wouldn't be too adverse to rechambering it to 32 SW or SW Long. It isn't in true collector condition and I shoot what I own. I'm working out of town, so I won't pick it up until this weekend. Then the work starts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1892 Overall.jpg (237.5 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg 1892 Right.jpg (141.1 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 1892 Buttstock.jpg (158.6 KB, 100 views)

Page generated in 0.03691 seconds with 9 queries