View Single Post
Old August 24, 1999, 10:44 PM   #19
Danger Dave

I don't know if Churchill and/or FDR knew that the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor - there's not enough evidence to prove it. I do believe that there is sufficient evidence to indicate that they knew it might happen, though. I believe Billy Mitchell (I think it was him, anyway) predicted it in the 20's. BTW, what would have been the alternative to Pearl Harbor?

As far as that goes, think about this: You're the leader of a powerful nation, facing two other powerful nations who are far more prepared for war than you. Your allies have surrendered their countries, and generally proven themselves unwilling to fight. You are offered a peace treaty with a man who is an absolute ruler in his country and has broken every peace treaty he ever signed. Do you negotiate, allowing him to take the next move at the time & place of his choosing, or do you resolve to stand your ground? Additionally, althogh they're not directly involved, you have two potential allies - one is on very friendly terms and is already assisting you through the loan of war materials, and your enemy has pledged to destroy the other (although you're not on friendly terms with them). But, as of now, neither is involved. Would you try to get them into the fight, or would you choose to risk it all and fight alone?

After hearing him speak, I won't read another of Irving's books. The man is full of hate, and I will not support that by spending my money to support him. Hate obscures fact, and I believe he has lost touch with truth. Interestingly, he has done some quite good historical work (earlier in his career) on the Dresden bombing and Germany's atomic program, although he left out that Dresden was the German communication center for the war on the Eastern front - a military target. That, and he is one the two people in the world that can read Goebbel's handwriting.

BTW, remember the so-called "Hitler Diaries" that appeared a few years ago? The fake ones? Guess which author told the British press about their "existence" - Irving. Please, do some research on this guy. Just because it gets published and it sounds good doesn't mean it's not crap!

So, my Jewish friend's family who all disappeared during the war - disease? All the people who were hauled off to camps and lived to tell their stories - lying? All the US, British, Soviet, French, and Germans (yes, there have been a few) who told what they saw - hallucinating? All the films espousing euthanasia for the insane and mentally retarded made by the Third Reich - fiction? All the plans for designing concentration camps, including clearly marked gas chambers and crematoriums(surfaced in Moscow archives) - fabrications? The near eradication of the Roma, the persecution of homosexuals - exaggerations? The facts are out there. There may be a dispute about the numbers (6,000,000 or 2,000,000 or even 12,000,000) but don't believe Muller either - he had to make his part seem not so bad, and if he admitted it, he would make the US look bad for wanting him! About 90% of the Jews living in Poland were nowhere to be found after the war. If they died of disease, what is this peculiar Jewish disease that's deadlier than the plague (no one else got it)?

Please, ask some questions out there. If the holocaust is a fake, what purpose would it serve and how would they get so many people who had never seen each other to collaborate their stories, when they didn't even speak the same languages?

Yes, England may have lost the Empire, but she survived intact and unconquered. France, Germany, Poland, Japan, Italy, Denmark, Finland, Holland, Norway, and Belgium (and more) can't say that.

Page generated in 0.02521 seconds with 8 queries