View Single Post
Old April 2, 2020, 03:16 PM   #15
SGW Gunsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandTd View Post
UPDATE: I thought I had gotten this Ruger 22/45 running properly with the TK hammer bushing, but I was wrong. It's been plagued with several jams per magazine for quite a while now. I finally decided the benefits offered by the bushing were not worth the problems it created. I returned the Ruger to stock form and it is now functioning smoothly without the jamming. Relatively inexpensive lesson learned.

This Ruger is a target pistol/plinker/range toy for me. Although I'm not a big fan of the mag disconnect, for this pistol and it's uses, it doesn't bother me to have it reinstalled. Whatever differences the bushing made in the trigger pull were trivial. And, having torn this thing apart and put it back together so many times, the Xtra steps required for cleaning don't even phase me now. I think the one thing I'll miss the most is going to be the mags dropping free, but not that big of a deal. I'm glad to have it operating smoothly again and because of that, I expect to take it out more often.
The replacement hammer bushings intention was to replace the magazine disconnect, only. They don't have anything to do with trigger pull weight reduction. Sear angle work or a replacement sear will get that done for you.
How tightly did that replacement bushing fit into the hammer bushing hole? Was it tight or sloppy? Most all I've found involving that brand were quite loose and able to drift side to side.

Page generated in 0.05202 seconds with 8 queries