View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1
rhinonewshooter

Sight line - figure 8 or have the beads lined up?

I hate to say it, but I've heard a fair amount of conflicting advice on how to have a good sight line down the barrel of a shotgun for skeet/sporting clays.

Some have told me that the beads should line up.

Others have said that the beads should form a figure 8, with the mid bead as the lower section of the "8" and the front bead the upper section of the "8".

I have been tinkering with fit on two shotguns - a beretta 390 (I have lots of different shims) and a Winchester 101 with an adjustable comb.

The tinkering I have done has resulted, at least in the last two times I have gone skeet shooting, with getting pretty close to skunked on stations 3, 4 and 5. I'm hitting 6/6 or 5/6 on 1 and 2; and the same on 6 and 7. (station 8 is irrelevant to this discussion given how close it is, but I'm consistent there). Granted, i could be screwing up my leads, but before I started tinkering with my comb, I was at least hitting more of the middle stations that I was before. Buddy of mine thought I was set too low, so he suggested I raise my comb a bit. I wonder if I didn't raise it enough, or if I raised it too much.

So, how should I be sighting - with the beads lined up, or with a figure 8?

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries