View Single Post
Old May 6, 2012, 08:57 PM   #10
TrailBlazinMan

Someone else correct me if I am wrong here... There is a pin on the hammer that pushes up on the tail (rear section) of the bolt. The tail of the bolt rides up on this pin then falls down (under spring pressure from the bolt/trigger spring). This controls how long the bolt stays disengaged. It should drop down out of the cylinder notch quickly to prevent the cylinder from binding, then snap back up at the beginning of the trough leading into the next notch. When the hammer falls (and hopefully the gun goes bang) the tail of the bolt springs sideways to allow the pin on the hammer to reset under the tail. Either the bolt tail is not long enough or the hammer pin is worn down causing your bolt problems.

The two legs of the trigger/bolt spring are not supposed to be the same length: the bolt leg should be shorter. Check the hammer to see if the half-cock notch exists or if its broken off. Also look to see if the sear end of the trigger has been polished or filed upon. I suspect this gun is the product of a failed trigger job.

Page generated in 0.02684 seconds with 8 queries