View Single Post
Old October 11, 2011, 12:11 PM   #10
RickB

Quote:
I rounded off the corner of my EGW stop just enough so the hard metal would not gouge the hammer face. I could not see it made much difference with standard loads, but every little bit will help when you go to magnumize one.
I'm fiddling with a .45 Super conversion, or my version of such a conversion anyway, and it consists of a 25# mainspring, 22# recoil spring, and reduced-radius firing pin stop. My first test was shooting a few of my usual, 200@840, .45 ACP competition loads, and ejection was so weak I had a stovepipe on the last round. That was encouraging, as the whole point of the exercise is to slow the slide. Next, I went to .45 ACP +P power levels, and the gun ran great, throwing the brass about as far as it usually does when set up for the relatively wimpy competition loads. I need to get some Super brass to go further up the power ladder. I was using a Check-Mate mag with tapered feedlips, and was concerned with double-feeds, as I know the tapered-lip design does not retain rounds as well as parallel designs, but I didn't have any problems. Upping velocity another 200fps might change things, though.

Page generated in 0.02976 seconds with 8 queries