View Single Post
Old August 28, 2008, 05:16 AM   #1
reaper715

Sometimes I wonder about the ATF.

I got back my approved Form 1 this weekend and took my gsg-5 to the gunsmith to have the barrel cut down and threaded for my Gemtech adapter. When I got there I handed him my paperwork and gun. He checked the paperwork and suddenly said "uh oh". I replied with "uh oh what"? Then he showed me the paperwork. in the barrel length and over all length columns I put the actual length of the gun and not the length it was going to be when I "made" it. I don't know what happened? I could have just read the wrong numbers off my papers when I was filling out the form 1 on TITLEII.COM. Guess that just shows you that you have to proofread everything. Anyway, he called the ATF and they told me just to send them a letter with the corrections and they would send me a letter with the changes to keep with my Form 1.

I just thought it was funny that they sent me an SBR tax stamp that I was registering as having a 16 inch barrel. I can't remember what the overall length actually was but I do know it was legal as the gun has been unmodified since I purchased it from my local store. I can only hope they see some weird stuff come across their desk and didn't pay any attention to it.

Page generated in 0.02224 seconds with 8 queries