View Single Post
Old August 25, 2013, 06:39 AM   #42
daddyo

Quote:
If only that trigger pull wasn't DA/SA, all those good guys would still be alive today. "LORD, WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN A PLAIN OLD SA TRIGGER".

I have absolutely no problem transitioning from DA/SA. Out of the 16rds in my gun only one is DA, after that I have 15 consistent trigger pulls. Do you really think the transition from DA/SA is the difference between life and death? I mean seriously.
My point was that folks die because they fail to put rounds on target before they are themselves mortally wounded. We train to increase our consistency in many aspects involved with getting off a good shot. When anything breaks down in that shooting cycle our shot isn't accurate or is less accurate. When our shot isn't accurate or is less accurate in a life and death situation it can and does lead to us loosing.

The SA/DA transition, is believed to cause a low/hi effect in impact points under stressful shooting situations. This happens with the first two shots, arguably the most important of a violent encounter.

So we strive for consistency because it leads to speed and accuracy yet many break this by changing guns or holsters or carry locations daily. Taken to the extreme this quest for consistency is applied to trigger pull.

You poke fun about it and thats fine. I'll stay with my consistent trigger and you keep that inconsistent one. You guys keep platooning your carry guns, I'll stay consistent. You guys keep rotating carry locations and holsters, I'll stay consistent. Will being consistent save my life in a life and death scenario, maybe. Will being consistent give me a better chance at survival, probably. Is consistency better than inconsistent, you betcha.

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries