Thread: Backup gun...
View Single Post
Old September 28, 2011, 09:00 AM   #44
TexasJustice7

QUOTE: Biker Bill
I understand the urge to carry a backup gun, but I rarely do it ... my EDC is a Kahr PM9 ... it's stone reliable (I know, stuff happens) and I carry a reload, so I think I'm good to go ... two guns, extra ammo, just too much stuff, especially in Texas where most of the year all you can wear is shorts and a t-shirt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wear exactly that, till it gets so cold I am forced to wear long trowsers.
My cargo type shorts have plenty of room, so I carry my 44 Spl 3" CA Bulldog in my left side Galco Paddle holster, but the backup gun, a S&W 642 Air weight fits very well into my left pocket with a CA pocket holster actually made for the Bulldog. My reloads consists of 3 speed loaders 5 rounds in each, and one hearing aid container with 10 of my 44 hollow point sd ammo.
Your gun has higher capacity than mine, but my speed loaders fit in my tea shirt pocket. Harbor bay tea shirts are not flimsy, but heavy enough to provide good concealment. I guess if I lived in a big city, I might have to
carry at least one SA for higher capacity. Don't think I will ever have to reload, from a speed loader but I am prepared.

Page generated in 0.03280 seconds with 8 queries