View Single Post
Old January 13, 2019, 12:22 PM   #5
cdoc42

The spring-loaded plunger and front sight were removed and replaced by the bar with 2 screw indents in order to affix the long picatinny rail to he revolver.

The bar is the same length as the spring-loaded plunger and has a flat-head screw driver access tip in that channel and hole at the muzzle end of the revolver. I need to get that bar out in order to insert the spring-loaded plunger and old front sight.

It won't screw out; it just rotates in the channel. I think I need to use a punch, angled in one of the screw indents, to knock it out but I hesitate to do that if there is any explanation that I'm missing.

I don't have the instructions from the rail, nor can I find anything on the net because there is no name on the rail to seek out the manufacturer. The Ruger web site has a blow up of parts for the SRHK but the front sight it shows is connected to the barrel by 2-3 screws. My sight ramp is not screwed on, it is a permanent fixture with the channel and spring-loaded plunger as you describe.

Page generated in 0.02176 seconds with 8 queries