View Single Post
Old September 24, 2022, 07:25 AM   #1
highpower3006

Picked up a totally superfluous pistol.......

I found it in a local pawn shop and couldn't resist getting it. I needed another single stack 9mm pistol like I need another hole in my head, but I have poor impulse control when it comes to buying firearms.

This little Sig P239 was kind of lost in the clutter in the back corner of the handgun case. I don't collect Sigs and I certainly don't go looking for them, but somehow I have picked up three in the last couple of months. I might add that until recently I didn't really know all that much about Sig P series pistols as the only one I had was a old West German P226 bought used on a whim many years ago. Now with the addition of the P239, I have a P210, P220 and a P226

The P239 is on the larger side and heavy for a single stack 9mm, especially with all the small polymer 9's available that have the same, or greater capacity. But lack of practicality (or need), has never stopped me from buying anything. I like hammer fired DA/SA pistols and in addition to the Sigs, I have examples from Beretta, HK, Walther and CZ.

Price wise, I feel I got this for a okay deal @$450, but it only came with one magazine and spares are a bit pricy. It is very accurate and I have ordered a couple Armory Craft + 1 mag bases as I like the extra length they provide.

Sigs

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 8 queries