View Single Post
Old June 21, 2005, 06:20 AM   #10
Jeff22

Courses of Fire

The International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors publishes a couple of good course books.www.ialefi.org.

As does the Massachusetts Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and Armorer's Association. Check them out at www.mlefiaa.org.

And your state commission that oversees police officer training may have requirements as well.

In the past I got a whole course book from the instructor at the local office of the FBI. I don't know if they still do that, but you might check with them, as well as the Marshals Service and the USSS and the ATF and DEA.

I have been to nearly a dozen firearms instructor courses for revolver and shotgun and auto pistol and rifle and SMG in the last 25 years, and NONE of them addressed course design AT ALL in the cirriculum. That has always been a source of frustration to me, since many new instructors don't exactly know where to look for courses of fire. Now that we have the web, it's a little bit easier to find this stuff . . .

And check out the IPSC and IDPA websites because they usually have links to courses of fire right on the website. You'll have to do a little searching to find courses of fire suited to your particular circumstances.

Page generated in 0.02636 seconds with 8 queries