View Single Post
Old April 13, 2013, 10:44 AM   #16
RC20

I do not know anyone personally that has had that happen. I know of no one else who owns that carbine either.

The question you have to ask yourself is, DYFL? ("Do You Feel Lucky" per the empty chairperson).

In my case, I would be fired if I had a mark on my record as my job requires a clean background (and yes they canned one guy who had not been convicted but charged in a very minor case)

At best you loose the carbine, at worst you are up on charges.

The better question is, for no loss to do it right why risk something stupid?

Webleymkv: Then I do have it right, the parts count includes the magazine and its legal magazine in or out as long as it does not have a non US made magazine?

The MAK has such a good group of parts that there is no gain to replace them (and worse, the replacements are worse functionally than what the carbine has)

Ego, a US made magazine gives you the count you need and the stocks that come from Deadwood come with the front grips. As you have to stain them yourself it would be better to do it as a set for appearance if you want it to look he same.

And yes they do have a low grade collector value (at this point, its going up fast) so you do want to keep all the old parts. 15 years from now it could make a huge difference in what you can get for the carbine and where you can sell it to.

Page generated in 0.02609 seconds with 8 queries