View Single Post
Old December 4, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Chaz88

HELP! ATF Says it is not legal for shooting club to buy guns.

My college shooting club has recently formed and while the administration has not out right blocked progress they do seam to be passively obstructing us with more foot dragging and scrutiny than is warranted or given to other clubs.

The most resent problem came up when we wanted to buy rifles and shotguns for club use. The administration did not bother to research the law but called the ATF. The ATF told them it would be against the law to let anyone use the guns unless they had gone through a background check first.

My understanding of the relevant law does not support what the ATF said. I am looking for some well reasoned explanations from some of TFL's legal experts to help refute what the ATF told them and clarify the issue for the college administration.

Thank you, Chaz

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries