View Single Post
Old May 17, 2010, 11:21 AM   #6
ncpatriot

Thanks Andrewstorm. I can't say we have it the worst. We are a shall issue state and police in general are respectful of right to carry. After a wreck, I informed the officer I was carrying. He never hesitated, just said "OK, let's get your cars moved". That was respect I appreciated. Once approached a deputy on the street, informed him and asked if the place I was going was prohibited, grey area location. He said "no problem, go on in". Yes, I remember many people carrying long guns in truck racks, etc. Still see that once in awhile, but exposes you to breakins and theft. I seldom ever saw people doing OC except when fishing or hunting. Probably still OK in those locations. Only other OC I saw were a few store clerks & gas station clerks. I hope we expand our freedoms but give thanks we don't have the situation in California where that crazy sheriff rescinded permits issued by previous sheriff. Permit holders did nothing wrong but she said the issue of permits was not justified. That's the problem with discretionary issue. Our problems are not so much from "yankees in Charlotte" as with our own home grown legislators in Raleigh.

Page generated in 0.02033 seconds with 8 queries