View Single Post
Old January 25, 2010, 11:39 AM   #8
kraigwy

Lets think about this a bit. Two of my grandkids use to fight over their basketball net. One wanted in adjusted about 3 feet off the ground and hardly ever missed. The other wanted it regulation height. She could bearly get the ball to the net. As they got older, one got board sinking baskets, the other is a star on her middleschool basket ball team. GUESS WHICH ONE IS BEST.

Pretty much anyone can tear a ragged hole in a target at 7 yards. But what about 50 yards. Naw we dont try because it isnt any fun to miss.

I'm not the best pistol shooter by a long shot, I shot some pretty crappy scores at the 50 yard line at bulleye. I miss a lot of targets shooting my 642 at 100 yards. But I still shoot 100 yards, I still shoot bulleyes.

Do I expect to be involoved in a SD situartion at 100 yards, HECK NO. But I do want to learn how to shoot my pocket pistol better.

Late one evening I peeked out of my shop after hearing my chickens throwing a fit. I saw a fox trying to get in. I didnt have time to hunt up a rifle but I did have my 642 in my pocket, and I killed the fox, ........at a hair over 35 yards.

You have to deside if you want to sink baskets in a three foot hoop or do you want to learn to play basket ball. Do you want to spend all day shooting one ragged hole at 7 yards or do you want to learn to shoot.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03275 seconds with 8 queries