View Single Post
Old June 24, 2018, 06:19 PM   #37
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition Override View Post
TunnelRat:
Thanks. The work to change the correct HK spring(s) appeared fairly challenging in YouTube videos.

If it isn't, I would really enjoy having one in the future.
To change the hammer spring you drive out a roll pin at the base of the grip, then slide out the spring along with a plastic plug and install the new spring, sliding it over the hammer strut. Then you slide the plug back in and reinstall the roll pin. To change the firing pin block spring you drive out a roll pin in the slide, slide the firing pin and spring out the rear of the slide, and dump the firing pin block and firing pin block spring out of the slide (cover it with your hand as the spring is under pressure). To reinstall you do the reverse, with the hardest part being lining up the cutout in the firing pin with the hole in the slide for the roll pin. I can do both springs in say 5-10 minutes. The roll pins aren't even under a lot of tension, no where near a CZ.

I'm not saying this to be some butt hurt fanboy. I've owned HKs, SIGs, and CZs and done full disassemblies on all of them. The USP is surprisingly easy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; June 24, 2018 at 06:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.03027 seconds with 8 queries