View Single Post
Old January 18, 2020, 10:21 AM   #69
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTellers View Post
The American Pistol aside, Ruger has really been hitting everything out of the park with their semi pistols the past 5+ years. They're probably making a lot more profit off those than they are their revolvers, thus I expect over the next 5-10 years, Ruger is going to be making even more pistols that are going to shake the industry up.

Can't say they'll be Glock bulletproof, but at $500+ Ruger seems to make a damn good semi auto.
I think Ruger has always hit it out of the park, with new purchasers unfamiliar with other firearms. And I think that is their Niche. (other than the American). But I doubt you will ever see another gun with the quality of the SR9C for instance. Ruger IMO now makes a good quality reliable gun for folks that do not shoot many rounds through them. Which is IMO the vast majority of EDC and night stand gun owners. A few trips to the range each year and that is about it.
I have never owned a Taurus, but they almost seem to be taking a lead over Ruger in better quality and at a low price. Given the choice, I would purchase a Taurus G series over any Ruger, (except the SR9) JMO

Page generated in 0.02874 seconds with 8 queries