View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 11:47 PM   #37
BlueEyeVisage

Also, in the area of Palm City (Stuart), is a new shooting range that is state of the art. It actually has a 75 yard lane about 8 lanes total. What is interesting is they sell at 19 a hour for the lane (2 people max) BUT if you rent a gun it's 10 dollars a hour and you can switch a gun during that hour for no cost. Whether it's a SR9 or a S&W 15 you can switch it on the fly, which I believe generates some additional ammo purchasing (Their ammo is just over Walmart pricing) as they even have a Desert Eagle and a Casull. :P They also have some comfy couches behind bulletproof/soundproof glass surveying the range and you can switch people as long as you keep 2 to the lane. What's nice so they generate even more business is they leased out a space to a gunshop, essentially getting the benefit of "I want to shoot my new gun now" without the additional overhead.

Lotus Gunworks in Jensen also is opening a new range in two weeks with a long range (not sure 75 yard or 100) on bottom and a second story with 25 yard lanes. Given the heights they actually listed it as a mezzanine keeping it from being a 2 story building and also making it handicap accessible only to the bottom floor. Not sure on pricing as of yet.

Either way, when you open up I'll be sure to make the trip to check it out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the new gunrange in stuart does not allow steel core, armor piercing or any sort of incendiary ammo. However, they check all the round types that go into the range, if a magnet they have attaches to it they will not allow it. So any TULA with steel jackets sometimes will not pass.

Did some looking, this is pretty interesting read as far as their bullet trap at Lotus.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...t-bullet-trap/

Last edited by BlueEyeVisage; April 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.02481 seconds with 8 queries