View Single Post
Old February 8, 2013, 12:42 PM   #55
overhead

I fear we are going to take this thread a little too far off topic and being new here I would rather not push my luck. So, I will keep this short.

It is going to fully depend how a law may define "ammunition". I would have to assume smokeless powder and primers would be included. I can't imagine pro-gun control folks are going to push to require licensing and background checks for cartridges, and not for the parts require to make them. But, I will not dig through the document and pull up a page number for you. I don't live in NY, would never live in NY so I don't really care much about their gun laws other then to say they are silly.

Here is one example, again, it will depend on how one defines ammunition.

http://www.blumenthal.senate.gov/amm...ck-act-of-2013

It is my understanding that as of 1/15/2014 online sales of ammo to residents of NY will be illegal. I am just going by what folks who live there have told me, along with hearing that Midway and some other suppliers are not shipping there anymore, or were not for a while.

Again, I don't think any of this justifies most people freaking out and buying up a ton of ammo. Though I must admit, if I lived in NY, CA, Mass or Conn. I would probably be buying like a mad man. Honestly, I am more upset about the shortage of 22lr then I am reloading components.

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 8 queries