View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 09:38 PM   #7
sidewindr

I've always been interested in trying one of these for my RC Supreme(Piggyback IV, I believe) as a second progressive but can switch back to SS when needed. Beside this how do you like it.

F. Guffey, how do tou like yours ?

In the instructions it looks like a few thing have to be done with the ram up and using stuff to make sure things are lined up. Did everything get lined up and a little lube on moveing parts. You didn't have anything that felt snug going together and you just "pushed a little more", thus posibly bending or tweeking something? I would take it back apart and reassemble each part again with the instructions right there and check for proper movement or orientation after each part, then proceed on.
It looks like if the shoulder bolt is overtightened it could damage the twisted plactic rod or whatever parts it goes through. Also if the ram isn't raised up when doing this can it put unwanted pressure on some indexing part? I'm just thinking like my Hornady LNL, you can break indexing pawls by not having the ram raised and tightening the bolt.

Page generated in 0.03027 seconds with 8 queries