View Single Post
Old June 5, 2009, 05:18 AM   #71
Conn. Trooper

I would love to be "off duty" and ignore any issue I came across "off duty". However, I am required (not suggested, not allowed if I want, required) to carry my gun, badge and ID at all times. I am also required to act if I should see something "off duty", state stautes specifically spell out that we are never "off duty" unless out of the state. Failing to act can get you fired.

Your job can grant some "special" privileges that others do not enjoy. Such as when I worked at a garage I used the wrecker for free if my car broke down. My brother drove a pool water tanker and got a free tank of pool water every summer, when he worked for the Thruway he got a free EZ Pass for his car. If cops get to carry a gun places where other peolple are not allowed to, so be it. As we speak, somewhere, somehow, someone is doing something that I can't do and someone, somewhere, is doing something you can't either.

ilbob- I guess you are an expert and can explain in detail the numbers of off duty arrests that occur around the country. Please enlighten the rest of us how many off duty arrests have been made by state and city? What is the exact number that makes it miniscule? I could quote you the numbers in my state, because I know them, but I don't have a clue about the rest of the country. Maybe a slightly less sweeping statement about off duty arrests is in order. You sound like a spoiled child " They do something I can't do, waaahhh!" Great, and rich people can buy a brand new car and my truck is 8 years old, get over it.

Last edited by Conn. Trooper; June 5, 2009 at 05:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.02538 seconds with 8 queries