View Single Post
Old November 29, 2021, 11:49 AM   #71
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke
And as a state gooberment employee, have had the DOJ represent me. The DOJ used to say i was covered while acting within my position description or classification requirements. Unfortunately for some, that immunity didn't apply in some cases when they intentionally DIDN'T do their job, and someone was injured financially or physically.
In my line of work, building officials are indemnified -- as long as they are trying to do their job properly. The actual language (empasis added):

Quote:
The building official, member of the board of appeals or employee charged with the enforcement of this code, while acting for the jurisdiction in good faith and without malice in the discharge of the duties required by this code or other pertinent law or ordinance, shall not thereby be civilly or criminally rendered liable personally and is hereby relieved from personal liability for any damage accruing to persons or property as a result of any act or by reason of an act or omission in the discharge of official duties.
Jeepaholic

Page generated in 0.05792 seconds with 8 queries