View Single Post
Old November 21, 2021, 02:31 PM   #58
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Is that balanced, equal and fair? No. It's government.
There appears to be no quote these days that someone on the internet does not claim as faked...but whether he actually said it himself, or not, remember what Washington is attributed as saying about government.

"Government is not eloquence, it is not reason, it is a force of nature, like fire, a fearful servant and a terrible master."

Quote:
you are building on a principle that two men who do the very same thing should receive the same treatment, even if one works as a state agent and the other doesn't.
I'm actually surprised no one has yet mentioned the greatest example of "injustice" (by sheer numbers if nothing else) and that is WAR.

Some might consider the example extreme, but isn't warfare the greatest example of people not being treated "fairly"? Every soldier, sailor, airman, and Marine who ever pulled a trigger, dropped a bomb, etc, or ordered that done, to be fair, aren't they just as "guilty" as the wackjob who opens fire in a nightclub on his own? IS the only difference, and the reason they get treated differently in law because of who they work for??

I don't think so, but that's just me.

Page generated in 0.05935 seconds with 8 queries