View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 08:09 PM   #85
bbqbob51

After hearing the prosecution's case and knowing what I know about the responsibilities of a person with a CCL (I have one) I would find it interesting to be a juror on this case.
There are two things in the big picture that stand out for me:
1. Zimmerman made a big mistake by getting out of his vehicle and pursuing Martin on foot. The altercation would never have happened if he had followed the 911 dispatcher's instructions and stayed put. I bet he regrets doing that now, I know I would.
2. Once there was contact made and a fight started, Zimmerman did the only thing he could in the situation and that was to use his firearm. What would be the point of carrying a firearm if you aren't willing to use it to defend yourself?
Of course there is a lot more to this case but just considering these two factors I really don't know if I would find Zimmerman guilty or innocent. It would appear in my estimation that he is guilty of something, perhaps not 2nd degree murder but something lesser. Murder is committing the act with "depraved indifference" or something like that and I don't really believe Zimmerman is a bad man just someone who exhibited bad judgement.

Page generated in 0.03701 seconds with 8 queries