Thread: How much gun?
View Single Post
Old June 7, 2017, 02:37 PM   #19
ShootistPRS

There is the old adage that states no one ever complained about having too big a gun or too much ammo. I like that. In my hunting experience the gun is never too big. I can kill a squirrel with a 50 BMG round by taking its head off and not lose any meat, what little there is. Is it the ideal gun for that job? NO! but it not so big that it can't do the job.
I carry a 357 magnum. I am proficient with it and I carry two speed loaders that I practice using. In my car I have 100 rounds of 357 ammo so I have enough ammo and enough gun unless we are invaded by hoards of big dangerous game or the dinosaurs make a come-back. It is obvious that I don't have too much gun or too many rounds since there are possibilities where I could have too small a gun and run out of ammo.

Do I feel "under gunned"? I have never felt under gunned. I don't feel like I have too much gun either. If you find yourself feeling under gunned then get something that is bigger and you can be proficient with. In my book you can't have too much gun unless you can't shoot it well. A man has got to know his limitations.

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries