View Single Post
Old February 24, 2016, 06:05 PM   #24
Llama Bob

I'm doing an Appleseed shoot in April. Planning on using a CZ 455 with an optic and nylon Rhodesian sling for my primary rifle, and bringing an AR with an optic and irons as a backup and long range alternative.

I've shot something pretty close to the Appleseed course of fire with the 455, but not quite. I've got indoor 25 and 100y ranges (no outdoor ranges within a distance I want to drive) and I can shoot the standing stage exactly as written. The sitting stage I can't really do because of how the lanes on the range are set up, but I've dry fired it several times to get the cadence right with the bolt. The prone stages I'm simulating off a bench, but with no bags/rest just slung up and with all the timing and mag changes in place.

Given the scores on my dry runs, I'm expecting to comfortably shoot Rifleman out of the gate. I'm sure plenty of people say that, but my last 5 standing stages have been no worse than a 48 and my last rapid fire "prone" stage was a 50-9X with 10 seconds left on the clock.

Should be fun...

Page generated in 0.02476 seconds with 8 queries