View Single Post
Old February 28, 2011, 11:52 PM   #18
Sevens

Quote:
I figured depriming it would make it more desirable and give me a leg-up in sales.
Sort of a catch-22. It may indeed give you a leg up in sales simply because if it's sonic-cleaned and looks as unbelievably clean as the sonic-cleaned brass looks, folks will see them with no primers and think they are NEW brass and not fired brass.

Worse, some handloaders might get your brass with no primer in it and assumed that it was decapped the way 99% of us decap our brass -- while sizing it. They'll see the primer gone and they'll assume it's been sized.

It's not been sized, so it'll be a real SOB in some guns when they try to chamber it.

I don't think it's a good idea, but that's just my opinion.

As an aside to the conversation, I've never actually bought the Universal decap die... but I will typically just use my .45 Auto size die as a "universal decapper" because everything smaller will decap with it... as long as it's of normal handgun brass length.

If I need a "universal decapper" for rifle, I typically grab my Lee Collet .300 Win Mag neck-only size die. If you don't push hard on the lever to activate the collet sizer, it pops any primer out with no struggle.

Page generated in 0.03190 seconds with 8 queries