View Single Post
Old October 7, 2013, 02:12 PM   #1
thomaswaynem

What kind of Romanian AK did I buy? Help!

So yesterday I made a trade with a guy for a Romanian AK. At the time neither of us really knew much about it, but I assumed it was just one of the typical Wasr's of some variation. However after doing research and looking online I honestly am not sure what it is.

*It has all matching numbers from what I can tell.
*It has the stamped dimples on the receiver. Which I keep reading that no Wasr's have.
*It has no other marking other than the triangle with an arrow, 1971, and the serial number. There is nothing other than that.
*It has a chrome lined barrel.
*The original furniture has a wider front grip which I have read several times is a giveaway on a Sar-1

All of this would leave me to believe it is a Sar-1, however it also has a threaded barrel which I keep reading is not part of those guns. Is it possible it is a Sar-1 and one of the previous owners threaded the barrel?

I'm very happy with the gun either way, but would just like to know for sure if I ever decided to move it in the future. Any and all help is appreciated. I will add pictures as well. If it is a SAR-1, what is the value these days?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg serial marking.jpg (104.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg original furntirue.jpg (166.6 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by thomaswaynem; October 7, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.03779 seconds with 9 queries