Thread: I want to cry
View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 10:59 AM   #9
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

A buddy once told me how he missed with his first shot and the next ones were all... "DUD ROUNDS"... I heard his one shot as we were in the same woods... I then heard him hollering obscenities to the deer gods for 10 minutes as he headed to the trucks...

Me being lazy, I was pretty close to the trucks already so i met him at the sheet metal...

He tells me of the miss and duds... he was shaking pretty bad so I asked for his rifle... Out of habit, I commenced to "clear the firearm"... This was either a Win94 or Marlin 330 sumthin'... I opened the action and a fired cartridge popped out... Cycled again and a live round from the bowels pops out then 4 more...

Seems in his heightened excitement, and LACK OF PRACTICE on "follow up shots" had him all a twitter and all he had done was operated the hammer and dropped the hammer on the already fired shell numerous times... He completely forgot to cycle the action...

We laughed about that for 3 months after season and for the next several opening day gettogethers for a few more seasons...

Brent

Page generated in 0.02201 seconds with 8 queries