View Single Post
Old June 1, 2000, 10:22 AM   #2
brionic

It's part of the new reality. Remember the caveat "Don't believe everything you read"? Seems to apply here, in spades...

The scope of magazine "articles" being geared toward preserving ad revenue is widespread, by the way. It is not only a gun industry thing.

I've stopped reading: bicycle; backpacking; fitness; and "new economy" magazines, mainly for the same reason. I just can't stomach the glossy ads. My (fill in the blank) experience would be SO much better if I would just give in and purchase the latestgreatest MP250doublejumper. Forget that!

I've stopped reading the LA Times, for the same reason (There's a real laughable scandal going on within the "hallowed" halls there right now!)

That being stated, I will admit to an occasional impulse buy, when a shiny cover promises to "tell it all" or offers a "new look" at some age old question. Invariably I'm disappointed.

I suppose the bottom line is that if you doubt the journalistic integrity of an organization or periodical, don't read their publication for News. You won't like the slant.

Regards,
--
Brian

Page generated in 0.02165 seconds with 8 queries