View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 12:24 PM   #77
Tinner666

Quote:
No one said it was easy. No one said it was going to BE easy.

I'll tell you quite frankly, if it happens and I'm there, I'll probably be shaking in my boots. I will more than likely NOT want to be there.

But I will stay.

15 years of active Federal service gave me the foundation of skills that I need.
15 years as a sworn LEO gives me the imperative to answer the threat.
By law, I can NOT run away. Doesn't mean that I don't want to.
But I will not turn my back and leave the people I am sworn to protect and serve in harm's way. I'm not built like that.
No, it's not an optimum method to engage. I know that. Yes, the shooter will probably have a long gun. I know that too.
But this person will--if they fit the profile of the active shooter--probably NOT have any formal training. I'll be able to spot that.

Training as a police sniper gave me that skill.

And I might end up dead on the ground; I might be maimed or crippled. But you can be sure that the shooter won't be in a position to appreciate it too much.

That's just me. Your mileage may vary.
I had said earlier I would watch and determine what was happening before running or shooting, etc. Now, if I saw another doing the same, such as you, we'd be the start of a to man defensive force and it would be nice to build on that. Staying calm and enough CCW's in a place like that could sure make it a short story and minor footnote.

Page generated in 0.02472 seconds with 8 queries