View Single Post
Old August 13, 2012, 04:57 PM   #1
spacecoast

Show off those homemade dippers!

Alright, this isn't earth-shaking, but I think it's interesting to see what other folks are doing to make custom powder dippers. Mine are pretty crude, what I do is take a piece of copper wire and bend it into a loop to tightly grip a shell casing. I'm sure others do it better.

From front to back:
  • A cut-down .40 S&W case that gives me 10.0 grains of Unique for a middling .44 Mag load under a 225 gr. LRNFP
  • A full .25ACP case that gives me 3.5 grains of Bullseye or 4.25 grains of Titegroup. The former I use under a 225 gr. WC for .45ACP (target revolver), the latter works great for a .44 SPC round under a 225 gr. LRNFP
  • The "double dipper" in the back is (on the left) a cut-down .25 ACP case that gives me 3.0 grains of Titegroup, very good for .38 special target bullseye shooting under a 148 gr. DEWC. On the right is a cut-down .32ACP case that yields 4.3 grains of Unique, useful under a 158 gr. LSWC in .38 special.

I also use the standard Lee dippers, as well as a few "sanded down" ones to give me quite a good assortment.

Page generated in 0.02675 seconds with 8 queries