View Single Post
Old November 22, 2000, 06:52 PM   #13
Gewehr98

Yes, that sketch of the upper would probably clear out my fuzzy train of thought, I had simply planned on making a band to go over the barrel and bolt to the lower bracket.

The synthetic furniture came from Gander Mountain, and is a Speedfeed synthetic with Monte Carlo comb, it lines up perfectly with the rifle sights on the barrel when the shotgun is shouldered. I will probably replace the front blade and rear "V" with the tritium replacements from Meprolight or Trijicon.

It's a 20" factory smoothbore deer barrel, with the Remchoke system. I believe Remington still offers them, and they're not too expensive. As shown in the picture, for home defense, I use the Remington Extra Full Turkey choke and 3" Magnum 000 Buck loads, a VERY tight shot group centered where the sights say they're supposed to go, and it stays tight out to 40 yards, so far. After an attempted home invasion robbery in Citrus Heights a couple years ago, I was determined that the next time any invaders tried to come through my front door, no matter what they were wearing or what drug of choice was in their bloodstream, they wouldn't so much as twitch after receiving Beauford's benediction. (My wife named the shotgun, after seeing Walking Tall...) The Turkey choke does stick out an extra inch or so from the end of the barrel, but that didn't bother me when I assembled the gun.

Yes, I would appreciate any and all help I can get in putting the finishing touches on the old girl, or locating an upper half of the bracket to mate with my lower half. Otherwise I will just have to fabricate what I can.

It's also fun to put in the other chokes, and go shoot skeet against the Perazzi, Red Label, and Superposed folks, heehee! The look on their faces is priceless!

Page generated in 0.02558 seconds with 8 queries