View Single Post
Old July 13, 2018, 10:00 PM   #14
LogicMan

The area of Upstate NY I live in, between Rochester and Buffalo, is VERY conservative, maybe one of the most conservative in the country. So being pro-gun around here is generally a good thing. This state has some horribly draconian regulations/laws for getting a handgun but for a long gun, the regulations are actually pretty lenient. You just go to the gun store, go through the background check, buy the gun and that's that. There is no waiting period (like in mostly pro-gun Florida now!), I don't think the age limit is at 21 like in Florida now either, and I am not sure about the extreme protection orders. The major sticking points here are the magazine capacity limitation, assault weapons ban ("SAFE Act"), and crazy handgun regulations. As part of the SAFE Act, they also ended all mail-order ammunition sales and were going to make it where all ammunition purchases required a background check too, but thus far, they haven't been able to create such a background check system (apparently doing so is insanely complicated).

We can still own AR-15s, but they are of the Frankengun variety.

Page generated in 0.01915 seconds with 8 queries