View Single Post
Old August 15, 2018, 12:04 PM   #45
CDW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie View Post
This is a good thread except for a silly comment. I wish I could carry and handle a 9mm or even larger like I used to. My now being disabled prohibits me from being able to operate a lot of handguns. That really stinks because now I am way more of a target in public. In my opinion and experience training always trumped caliber. Nine .380's out of my new S&W EZ into a head and torso is what I count on to make "all aggression cease"! Better than a .22. It's not the best, but do I have any volunteers to be my target? Please think about us gimps when you caliber bash.
Thread Hi-jacked?

The Shield EZ is a larger 380 pistol (I Googled it) and may produce little recoil, I've never shot one.

That being said, a 380 may have more felt recoil more than a larger caliber, depending on the pistols.

When I started carrying a 2nd pistol (I call it 2nd option) in my weak hand front pocket, I shot the following one hand weak hand:
LCP 380 with Gold Dot - worst recoil of all, very brutal to my weak hand.
Kahr PM40 - Less punishing one handed than the 380 - I'm not kidding.
Kahr PM9 with CorBon 115 +P - much more tolerable than LCP 380 and easier to hit with.
Glock 43 - easy to shoot quickly & accurately one handed, doesn't point as naturally (in my left hand) as the Kahr.

I wouldn't volunteer to have a cup of urine thrown on me, or be spit on, and neither would incapacitate me very quickly; "I wouldn't want to get shot with it" is not near as good a measure of potential effectiveness than whether the bullets penetrate 12-18'' and consistently expand.

9 out of 9 rounds into the head / torso (100% accuracy) would be over twice a good hit ratio as police with "service" size pistol, very optimistic.

Page generated in 0.02834 seconds with 8 queries