View Single Post
Old June 27, 2013, 07:32 AM   #34
johnelmore

Law enforcement is not just supposed to stop crime which is happening, but to prevent crime and investigate suspicious activity which might turn into crime as well. Activity like someone going around ringing bells should be investigated. It could be some kids or it could be say a burglar who is testing the waters so to speak or maybe even a maniac/home invader who might be testing the waters. In any event, someone is trespassing on the property which is a crime.

I live in a small town with a police force which is not at all busy. These guys sit around all night and go on a random call like this one every now and then. I know this because I go to the town meetings and look at the police blotter.

I am a tax-paying citizen, I pay real estate taxes unlike someone who rents or lives in the town under other circumstances. I do not use the town's services unless you mean the road or other incidental services.

I dont feel at all like I am burdening the local department with my phone call to them about the doorbell. I have never really called them or used their service. Lets just say this is their way of giving back to me after I most graciously contributed to the pension funds after many years of giving by way of real estate taxes.

Page generated in 0.02190 seconds with 8 queries