View Single Post
Old August 26, 2012, 10:32 AM   #30
Pond, James Pond

Thanks again for your input.

I don't plan to up my loads much. I will probably move to about 13.1gr and leave it at that. That is what the next disk cavity on my Lee Auto-disc measure seems to dispense. (in another thread I was having problems with getting the correct powder measure dispensed: it was below the starting load, but the next disc was more than I wanted.)

I will use up this powder, or at least wait until I have enough to buy a faster burning powder.

I can then use up all my existing supplies of bullets. Next time I may get cannelure grooved 240gr bullets from the same place, as well as a smaller supply of cast lead 300gr bullets from Midway Germany (€€€€!, but the cheaper H&N 300gr bullets are the same plated type and lack a cannelure groove).

Those I would load up to a medium-hot load (probably N110), find the best combination of crimp etc and then keep as a woods load. The 240gr loads would be for practice.

All this means that I wold have to buy another 2 or 3 powders (if I start reloading .308 too and they are about €80 per kg!! Not cheap, either....

Page generated in 0.02803 seconds with 8 queries