Thread: .357 sig vs .40
View Single Post
Old June 24, 2012, 09:34 AM   #7
wilson133

CDNN has a Winchester Ranger.40S&W 135 grain load at a very reasonable price. This supposed to be an LEO only round with an advertised velocity of 1300fps. It is the Border Patrol load and they have reported very good results with it.
I have tried it in several of my .40s and it has been flawless and as accurate as anything I have run through those guns. The felt recoil is much less than the 180 grain loads I used to use.
I don't see the need for me to use a lighter and smaller diameter bullet in a more expensive cartridge with no performance advantage. When I need a high performance in a 9mm cartridge, I use the Federal 9BPLE. It is cheap and time proven and give about 1300 fps with a 115 grain bullet.
The .357 Sig may be very useful for those who are issued one and it certainly has excellent results. I just don't need something that is no better than cheaper alternatives. Also reloading bottle necked cartridges is much more difficult than straight ones and I reload a lot of practice rounds.

Page generated in 0.03460 seconds with 8 queries