View Single Post
Old December 27, 2010, 03:25 AM   #67
Powderman

Proxy, I think the mention of the eggs might be misdirected. If an egg cracks the wrong way, you get shell in the egg. At worse, a crunchy omelet. (Ewwww!)

If a handgun goes off in the wrong direction, someone might get hurt. Badly.

We (I) can NOT teach your wife--or anyone--through a computer. However, I will pass along something to you. This was passed along to me when I was struggling in Conventional Pistol shooting. As soon as I applied it, my scores improved drastically. I applied the same principle to my shooting in general, and my marksmanship improved exponentially.

I am a great fan of reducing matters to their least common denominator. Do you want, in a single sentence, the heart of shooting in its purest form?

Here it is...

Shooting accurately involves nothing more than centering the front sight in the rear sight notch, holding it in position, and maintaining that same sight picture and alignment while pulling the trigger to the rear. All other facets of shooting lead to, and support, those simple steps.

By the way, that is not mine. I got that from a passage in "The Pistol Shooter's Treasury" by Gil Hebard.

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries