View Single Post
Old January 3, 2010, 06:59 PM   #18
ColdBore

Hello Snuffy

Wow! Seems I must have offended you somehow. For the life of me, I really can't see how. Considering several times you used bold text and exclamation points to get your point across to me.

The unfortunate aspect of your thread is that, unlike everyone else who posted their threads and were concerned with helping Schmitey with reloading advice, you were more concerned with snapping off on me. Sport45, CrustyFN and Shoney disagreed with some of the advice I gave to Schmitey, but never made an issue of it. All the others who submitted their piece were likewise appropriate in their submissals... showing courtesy and respect to all. We are all entitled to our opinions (whether or not you agree with them) as are you. That's what forums like this one are all about. Not you, I or anyone knows everything and I'll be the first one to admit I could be in error on some aspects of reloading as well as a great many other things. But, the problem here, Snuffy, is that your post showed no concern of helping someone who was asking for our help. Your motivations appear to be selfish, vitriolic and spiteful. Do I owe you money? Did I steal your wife or girlfriend (sorry, I'm assuming you're a male; if incorrect, I sincerely apologize)? Have I stepped on your toes in some way? Everyone, but you, appeared and took some minutes from their day to assist, with the available knowledge in their possessioin, to someone who was reaching out and asking for assistance. I wonder if you're the type of person to rush to the scene of a drowning person and decide to thrash someone who you disagreed with their methods of trying to save that drowning individual, instead of offering a hand.

Every last bit of information I offered to Schmitey was governed around safety. If I am in error regarding the validity of said information, then I'll apologize to Schmitey, not you. And even if I am in error,... so what? So, he may have to take a little more time, perform an extra step that may not be necessary. In the end, he is learning something regarding reloading, isn't he?

Regarding him using a 30 year old load book, he already purchased the latest edition of another. Where is the harm of suggesting he play it safe and take advantage of modern data, especially since he spent the money on it?

As far as calling a completed cartridge a 'round' of 'ammunition' (or whatever silly semantics you have a beef about), you seem to refuse to comprehend that we are dealing with a person who is just starting out with reloading. He knows what a 'bullet' is. I seriously doubt he has a problem with my calling it a 'bullet'. My calling it a 'bullet' was not intentional, nevertheless, what is the point of using specific and proper terminology that may inadvertantly confuse him? If you recheck the posts, he was mistakingly taking the wrong measurements on his data manuals. Far be it for me to expect one of your character to be concerned for anothers well being. What seems painfully obvious is you are more concerned on correcting anothers 'wording'. I suppose as you read this you're putting your spellcheck on overtime.

At any rate, I feel confident the information I gave this person (whether it is correct or not) is rounded on safety, will cost him no extra expense and will add to the factor that he will succeed without damaging his firearm, harming himself or others. And that is good enough for me.

As far as to how you feel about it...frankly, I really don't give a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color].

Have a nice day.

Page generated in 0.02684 seconds with 8 queries