View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 12:52 AM   #183
wayneinFL

Quote:
@ Glenn...didnt see the little winky smile the first time. If it was a joke...ha ha ha. I took it as a dig. Either way Im completely comfortable with my method and not losing sleep over it despite how adiment some of you speak up against it. I have a child...I play with her after work & roll around....having a loaded Glock C1 at my waist isnt smart. Period.
I've seen cops knocked to the ground wrestling with suspects and their guns didn't leave the holster and didn't discharge in the holster. I'm not saying everyone needs a level 3 retention holster, but if yours isn't secure enough to play with your child, you might want to consider whether you're going to lose your gun in a life or death struggle with a grown man. Not telling you what to do, but you just might want to re-evaluate it.

Quote:
@ Jammer, glad to bring a smile to someone's face inadvertently. I dont mind a laugh at my own expense but its when these old school guys get all ruffled at the notion that I think its ridiculous to carry 24/7 and attempt to belittle me with jokes about being "conflicted" or "scared" of my carry system. My system works for ME.
I think a lot of the animosity comes down to this:

Do you think it's ridiculous for YOU to carry at home? Or do you think it's ridiculous for OTHERS to carry at home? I see some are trying to reassure you that you're safe carrying with a round chambered or you're safe carrying at home, given the proper training and proper holster. But it's up to YOU to decide what to do for yourself.

Page generated in 0.03646 seconds with 8 queries